While our friends in the west are suffering from smoke and fire, many of us in the south have had rain—lots of rain. Jokingly, I emailed my neighbor and told her my husband had started building an ark, which got me thinking about the story of Noah and what we might learn from his example.
- Plan ahead. Be ready before the crisis hits.
- Stay healthy. You never know what God may ask of you when you’re 600 years old.
- Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. Listen to your heart and be true to yourself.
- Speed isn’t always an advantage. Cheetahs were on board along with the snails and they all arrived back on dry ground at the same time.
- Seek help when you need it. Travel in pairs and listen to good advice when it’s given.
- Don’t miss the boat! Take advantage of what’s given to you so you’ll have no regrets.
Affirmation: I embrace the lessons from Noah.
Coaching question: What’s your take-away from the Noah’s story?