Alzheimer’s SUCKS!☹😭 Robyn, motherless daughter
I met Robyn in a Alzheimer’s on-line support group. I’m not a caregiver but I’m in the group to offer support to those who are. In her final post, Robyn offered some great advice. Family members are frequently the best experts.
Final post 💜….. (written by Robyn)
I’d like to thank all in this group, including administrators. This group pulled me up when I couldn’t. My Mom, Terry, had Alzheimer’s. She passed 2/12/17. I stayed in this group after she passed to “pay it forward. ” For those just starting this journey, I would like to share a bit of advice from MY point of view.
1) U are not “less than” if u put ur L.O. in a nursing home.
2) The only medication my mom had was her baby doll, with whom she was buried. It gave her a “purpose.” Buy one!
3) Get yourself educated about the disease as early as possible. If I had learned earlier, I would not have tried to reason with my mother.
4) Live in their world.
5) Feeding tubes only prolong the agony.
6) When death is near, their loved ones from beyond come to take them. I was not there when my mother passed but I believe that she was not alone😔.
7) If you are raising children, put them 1st. Your loved one would want that. I was a single mother sandwiched between my son and my mother. I did the best I could.
8) And finally, to those who are just starting this journey…God bless you. 💜💜💜💜💜💜
Affirmation: I learn from others’ experiences.
Coaching questions: What advice would you give others based on your life experiences? How will you get your message out so, like Robyn, you too can make a difference?